Saturday, August 13, 2011

Maybe I'll write again, tomorrow

" You shouldn't try to stop everything from happening. Sometimes you're supposed to feel awkward. Sometimes you're supposed to be vulnerable in front of people. Sometimes it's necessary because it's all part of you getting to the next part of yourself, the next day. "
It took me two weeks to clear this book. I was super busy these days, I barely have time to sit and read - Hlovate's CJ masih left untouched and I'm supposed to read it last week, boohoo. Anyways. Five stars for this book, really. I don't know if it's just the usual-emotional-me or memang buku ni sedih gila. I cried one litre of tears reading it. Even worse than when I read Ps: I love you.

It's about this rich rebellious teenage girl who has everything. Status, money, friends. Being the standard-chartered-budak-rebel, she always argued with her mum and her dad, especially. No, it's not that the parents didn't attend to her needs, she just didn't like them. Standard lah budak-budak rebel mana suka parents menyibuk about what they do kan. Padahal its for their own good jugak, boohoo!

The day before her dad passed away, she screamed at him saying that she hated him so much and she wanted him to leave her alone. True enough, he left the next day. Left forever, I guess. He committed suicide and she was the one who found him dead in his office. Saat itu baru dia tiba-tiba tersedar. Baru dia terperasan that a few days before her dad died, memang her dad ada behave weirdly. Weirdly nice. Tapi dah terlambat for her to do anything because her dad's gone. The damage is done. Sedih gila kan :'(

I guess we'll never miss the water until the well runs dry. True that a lot. So the story goes on, how she tried to move on, tried to cope and everything. I can relate, somehow. And maybe that's why I think this book is good, eh (:

Okie, it's already four in the morning right now. I managed to stay wide awake, all thanks to the fattening McCafe's Caramel Frappe. Now it's time for Economics while waiting for sahur. Toodles everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment