Sunday, January 15, 2012

Disclaimer: Expectations & consequences.


Let me remind you that I'm only a nineteen year old average girl next door with limited strengths and unlimited weaknesses. So please don't look up to me cause once you do so you'll start to expect. You'll expect me to be up there and you'll expect me to be all that. You'll expect me to be this type of person having to say all the right things and having to do only the right things.

When the harsh truth is, I'm not that kind of person. Saya manusia biasa. Punya kekuatan dan kelemahan. I commit mistakes every now and then. Jangan hukum saya for being normal. Terkadang, saya lakukan kesilapan juga. Saya bukan malaikat. Saya bukan Nabi. Tahap keimanan para anbiya' akan terus menerus naik sedangkan saya? I have to stuggle every single day to ensure my iman level is going upwards, not downwards. My sole purpose of writing isn't to preach, but to serve as a self-reflection for me as well. But you don't see it that way, do you?

And when I don't meet the expectations you've set for me, it turns you off. Awak tak boleh terima bila saya lakukan kesilapan and what happens next? You'll start to judge me and question my level of piousness when truly, that's none of your business to begin with.

So stop. Stop expecting anything from me cause I really have nothing to offer. As the saying goes, "Expectation is the root of all heartache." Please don't expect anything from me cause at the end of the day, all you're asking for is heartache.

"I don't want to be perceived for something that I'm not, just wanna be accepted for the little that I've got."

3 comments:

  1. ye,kekadang sakit + geram bila people expect too much from us sedangkan kita dah try sedaya mungkin-to be better

    iman malaikat constant,but iman para nabi & rasul increase,iman orang awam ada naik dan turun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betul (:

    Oh yes truly! Thanks for correcting! Saya baru teringat, imanul malaaikah la yazdaad wa la yanqus(:

    ReplyDelete
  3. nir,bertabahlah :)

    ReplyDelete