Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Perfect Gentleman


Back then, I studied in an all girls school. From primary one all the way up till secondary four. I don't have many guy friends. Hmm, I don't think I have any to begin with. Okay, maybe I do know one or two, tuition friends but that's that. I'm not close to anyone of the opposite gender.

There's one exception though.
And he is

My brother.

Yeap. My one and only flesh and blood elder brother. He's been there since like forever. We were close since young. He's always the person I run to whenever I'm in trouble. He's the nicest person I ever know. Hmm. He never really express himself well though. Like he won't say those cheesy words like he loves me or what but he shows his affection through his acts :)

And frankly speaking, in my eyes he's an epitome of a perfect gentleman. Perhaps that's why I wasn't able to see the fact that men are complicated. 

Because my brother isn't.

Perhaps that's why I wasn't able to see that men are heart breakers.

Because my brother isn't.

I'm not trying to say that he's all that, no. Okay hold on. Well of course I do believe he is indeed all that but no, that's no the message I'm trying to bring across. What I'm trying to say is that, he is the reason why I strongly believe fairy tale happy endings do exist.

Because my brother is a living example of prince charming.

I'm a hopeless romantic like that. 

All my life I believed every other guy is just like my brother. Who would tolerate my nonsense and understand my woes. Who would get it when I say no but I meant yes. Who would...the list is endless actually. I could write another book just to talk about him. Haha.

But yeah. Obviously I was wrong. I mean really. How many Munirahs/Nirrosettes are there in the world?

Only one.

So what makes me think there's many Syafiq J's in the world?

I must be mad, really.

xoxo
n

No comments:

Post a Comment