Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Day 2: Something I feel strongly about


The first thing that popped in my head when I saw this topic: literature.

I think I can go on and on when it comes to lit. My friends call me babu sastera haha. I grew up reading and just plain reading. Some say I consume books. Which is true. Baca for the sake of baca. Tak pernah fikir pasal sastera. Tak pernah tahu pun apa tu sastera. Tak ambil kisah pun tentang maksud tersirat dan tersurat.

But when I got in NIE, sastera is like my staple food already. Bedah teks is what I do on a regular basis. From sastera klasik to sastera moden, sastera kanon to sastera remaja dan kanak-kanak, I love them all. Not forgetting lit texts from SG, MY and ID. I'm passionate about Indonesian texts especially. I rave over Chairil Anwar, Sutardji and Rendra. Their poems are just, wow. (Ok I'm gonna start rambling I should stop haha)

Now that I've cleared my minor (means no more sastera mods, only bahasa), I've to prepare for my slow death because when it comes to linguistics I'm the weakest. Honestly honest, I don't mind doing lit essays and I don't mind doing them  for the rest of my life. But why, just why NIE tak ada option major in sastera? I wanna grad and be lit teacher, not language :(

Boooooooo la.

xoxo,
N

No comments:

Post a Comment