Monday, August 04, 2014

Day 22: Your academics


academic
akəˈdɛmɪk/
adjective
  1. 1.
    relating to education and scholarship.


I believe in working hard. I believe in working smart. I believe in nocturnal mugging. I believe in bersusah-susah dahulu, bersenang-senang kemudian.

I'm not born genius though sometimes I wish I am. Being in the science stream, I can't afford to slack. My classmates are crazy smart. And super competitive, in a healthy way of course. I spent most of my time during my secondary school days by mugging. My parents don't have to tell me to study. I do it myself. Tapi tu pun tak pernah dapat straight As ah actually hahahaha.

I switched to the arts stream when I went to Innova JC. But that doesn't change anything la. It just got crazier. And alhamdulillah, I qualified for MOE bursary award when I was listed as top 25% of the cohort in 2010 and 2011.

A'Levels was the craziest period. It's seriously the toughest period ever. Ever. I lost so much weight. I gave up my social life. HAHA. Step macam social sangat lah. But really la, bila masuk JC I gave up almost everything. I gave up Maarif netball. I gave up all those lepak sesh with my Maarif girls. Family time banyak burn cause I usually reach home around 10 plus at night and then the next day at 6am dah pergi sekolah balik. I almost had no life. A'Levels is really do or die. Cause if you flunk A'Level's that's it. There's no way back. 

And it's all worth it in the end. My sacrifices paid off cause I qualified to enter NIE/NTU to do straight honours and I received several scholarship offers. Alhamdulillah, Alhamdulillah. Banyak sangat rezeki datang melimpah lepas ayah tak ada. I was worried I can't further my studies with ayah passed on and abang tengah serve National Service. But alhamdulillah, rezeki Tuhan selalu datang dari arah yang tak pernah kita duga, kan?

So trust Him. Tapi, efforts pun kena ada la. Mana bley suka-suka mintak tapi tak usaha.

The next thing I'm targeting is first class degree, insyaAllah. Though I'm quite confident I won't make it HAHA. Second class upper pun ok kot. Heh. Just need to work harder next sem. Hwaiting!


Doakan sayaaaaaaaaaaa!

xoxo,
N

No comments:

Post a Comment