Friday, November 28, 2014

Memories To Keep #2



"I can't trust myself when I'm with you," he said quietly. Looking up, he searched her eyes before his gaze drifted away to the empty space in between them. "Once you fall for someone you will always have a soft spot for them." And I will always have a soft spot for you. 

She froze. For a moment they were silent. His words caught her off guard, not knowing where this will head them to.

"I'm sorry." Her voice quivered as she spoke.

He shrugged nonchalantly. "I could give you the world, you know." He paused. "But you'd still say it's not enough."

She took a deep breath. Exasperated. "You."

"What?"

"Stop."

"Stop what?" He raised an eyebrow. His tone was indifferent. As if he had no idea his words were killing her. As if he wasn't broken enough. As if they weren't broken enough.

"Stop hurting yourself. Stop doing this to me."

He got up, brushing the dust off his jeans. "I don't know what hurts more honestly..." His voice trailed off mid-way. "Hurting myself to hurt you or hurting, to see you unhurt."

________________________________________________

New manuscript coming your way, insyaAllah.
#prayforniro

xoxo,
N

6 comments:

  1. Yeay! Patiently waiting. Tak sabar nak balik Malaysia. Nak baca buku Nir yang Tunggu Aira di Kota Bandung tu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thank you! I hope Canada's treating you well :)

      Delete
  2. omg i want more plssss fassstttt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg dont like that i pressure you knowwwwwww hahahahaha

      Delete