Friday, January 02, 2015

2015 goals


I couldn't think of a 2015 resolution. I'm probably too contented with life I'm not hoping for anything else. Obviously I'm not talking about spiritual improvement la. That goes on continuously till the day we die and we will never ever reach that point of contentment, so let's not go there.

I'm talking about dunya.

Lately I've been thinking of what are the things I wanna do, not just in 2015 but specifically before I get married.

And the answer is nothing.
Nothing.

Wallahi there's nothing I really want to achieve or desperately want to achieve. Okay fine, memang la there are 1001 things I can do and I have yet to try (such as ambik driving license but I choose not to hahaha).

In all honesty I've ticked everything off my simple (and superficial) list.

My life goals include
1. Joining 4PM debate (no kidding)
2. Getting published
3. Being a teacher
4. Travel with girlfriends (though tak sampai Paris, Melbourne pun okey la)
5. Take over my parents duties and pay the household bills
6. Bring my family overseas (expenses all paid for)
7. Doing volunteer work 
8. Contributing back to the Madrasah community
9. Perform Umrah
10. Omg see, I can't even reach number 10. That's how simple my list is 

I could never thank Him enough for the endless rezeki He blessed me with. I've always always wondered why. Why me? And then I remember,

لَئِنْ شَكَرْتُمْ أَزِيدَنَّكُمْ

So,

فَبِأَيِّ آلاءِ رَبِّكُمَا تُكَذِّبَانِ

Alhamdulillah. Thumma alhamdulillah. Thumma alhamdulillah.

It's 2015. And I'm pretty much happy and contented with life. I just wanna be a better muslimah, a dutiful daughter and sister (as well as a devoted wife when the time comes). That's all I'm praying for.

May Allah ease our affairs, amin insyaAllah.

xoxo,
N

No comments:

Post a Comment