Thursday, January 29, 2015

Fundraising



When I took up this position as the head for Zoombara, the first thing I told my committee members was this.

We are not going to do fundraising, ever.

Because I know how bloody tiring fundraising can be and I do not want to susahkan the comm members. I was determined to do anything and everything to ensure we've got the cost covered without considering fundraising.

But of course they wouldn't let me do it on my own.
I caught the advisor talking about me to them, "Munnie is having a hard time, please don't push her to do things all by herself."

HOW SWEET IS THAT.

But desperate times call for desperate measures.

We're short of a few thousands. And the event is due soon. So when Rentak Budaya team offered us a booth for our fundraising, how could we say no? We just have to come up with the products to sell.

And, ta-daaaaaaah. This is what we came up with. I'm too pleased with the end product. The response is pretty overwhelming, we're surprised ourselves!








Just when I managed to convince the team that insyaAllah our barang will be sell-able and not to worry about finance, several organizations came up to us and said they're willing to sponsor our event.

And yes, up to date, even before calculating our fundraising profits, we've already got our event sponsored. Fully. Ok dah boleh pack barang takya bukak booth buat fundraising HAHAH

Given all the panic attacks and all the crazy things we went through to make this event come to life, I don't know if we should cry or laugh. But I guess it's true. Fainna ma'al usri yusra, kan? Alhamdulillah.

Ok nanges

xoxo,
N

No comments:

Post a Comment